Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Diary of a Dress.. Kathleen Marie Couture's John Galliano~Christian Dior Couture Tribute Gown



Dear Friends,

In accordance with John Galliano's departure from French Couture House, Christian Dior,
I have dedicated the gown I was working on at the time to him.

Galliano was SUCH a huge inspiration to me as an artist and designer.His reoccurring French revoutionary themes in his shows, his lavish masterpiece theatre couture theatrics, just marvelousness upon marvelousness!

With the departure of three of the greatest designers in fashion in last few years,
( Christian Lacroix, Alexander McQueen, and John Galliano)
it really makes one wonder about the next realm? Or if there is even one worth mentioning?

That said, here are the illustrations of my "Le Dior est Morte!Vive Dior!" gown.
I will post pictures of part of the process as well, as it is always so interesting
to see the process of creation.





ps: I recently came across "Christian Dior" roses! Apparently these fragrant red roses (named for the original Christian Dior), debuted in the 1950's. Of course I promptly bought all in stock and will be planting these beauties in my ever growing rose garden!

Fleurishes!
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment