Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Inspiration of the Week




Dear Friends,

I am a bit late on my Sunday evening post..( alas, it is now Tuesday!)
I wanted to share a bit about a book I just bought, and find exceedingly amazing!

It is By artist James Gurney and it is called
"Imaginative Realism; How to Paint What Doesn't Exist."
I am very much inspired by his commitment and dedication
to his subject matter. It is such a breath of fresh air!

He is not only a master painter, but an excellent draughtsman, sculptor, etc.
He is truly a living Master and I highly recommend his book.

I have been doing research on the classical drawing ateliers here in NYC,
and also painting classes at the Art Students League, because I feel there is
more I need to express visually, and photography itself is not
the correct medium.
I need something with a history and weight and substance to it.

I am doing better at piecing together my personal artist plan, and if you are struggling
to find your correct medium and voice, perhaps this book will help you also.

Link to Mr. Gurney's book HERE.


Inspiration of the day..( One of my all time favourite artists!)
Above Very Top:
The Captive by William-Adolphe Bouguereau
( She is holding a little butterfly!)
To the Left:
Elegy by William-Adolphe Bouguereau

No comments:

Post a Comment